Were You A Victim Of A Car, Truck Or Motorcycle Accident?
In New York, personal injury claims can be complicated. The legal system has become so complex that it is difficult for the average person to understand. When you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it is essential to obtain professional legal advice as soon as possible.
Our legal team at DeMore Law Firm, PLLC, in Syracuse understands how frustrating and overwhelming dealing with injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence can be. That is why we offer our clients the highest level of personalized service and attention to detail.
Steps To Take After A Serious Injury
The biggest point of concern for those who are filing a personal injury claim is how to go about this process. There are some vital steps to take before you file a personal injury lawsuit that can help you get through the process with minimal stress.
- Call the police to report the accident – The police will document your injuries. It is important to file a police report to preserve your rights. You should also call your insurance company to report the accident. This is the best way to protect your rights and your right to compensation.
- Stay at the scene of the accident – Make sure to gather the necessary information about the accident, including the name and address of the other driver and any witnesses.
- Take photos – Take photos and videos if you are able to. The more evidence you have, the better. This will help you later to prove your injuries or how the accident occurred.
- Get medical treatment – Get medical treatment immediately. It is important to seek medical treatment ASAP – to ensure that you have a complete medical report of your injuries.
- Get copies of all relevant documents – Get all the copies of documents such as police reports, incident reports, medical documents and communications with insurance companies.
Our legal team will help you understand your options and make the best decisions for your case. We know the importance of getting the right medical care and putting the best financial plan in place so you can recover as quickly as possible.
Damages You Can Seek In A Personal Injury Claim
Under the law, you can seek damages when you sustain a severe injury caused by someone else’s negligence. The amount of compensation you will receive depends on, among other things, the severity of your injury and the amount of time you need to recover. In most cases, you have the right to seek financial compensation if you are injured.
Contact Our Experienced Team
At DeMore Law Firm, PLLC, we have one goal: to protect your rights and secure the compensation that you deserve. You will have access to experienced attorneys who will guide you through every step of the process. Call our office in Syracuse at 315-413-7000 or send us an email to initiate your free consultation.